Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Best Part of Having a Band (or Late Nights)

Last night we decided to throw a party. Band invites, plus the Hooper's and the Comb's (who couldn't make it) and a few others.

The lights finally went out around 2am. Of course the kids were up at 7am. Some spent the night, others left. It was lots of fun. Kids running around in the pasture until 11pm with their headlamp flashlights on, music blaring, good times, lots of laughing.

I like being the DJ at parties, mostly cuz, once I get tired, I can wind the whole thing down with the right selection of introspective, mellow, music. It works every time.

One thing I have realized is that I have no interest in getting older than where I am right now. The idea of 40 years old is impossible to imagine. I better write a top ten hit before then, because once I'm 40, you won't find me in a band. Ever. Again.

We sure had a great party. Now I have to clean up. There is stuff...everywhere. Suzanne and Lily are fast asleep. I'm up, with a glass of OJ, the Rolling Stones, my laptop, and a perfect blue sky.

ps. No there aren't any pictures of the party to land on Facebook or a blog like this. That would simply be far too incriminating. Better just use your imagination.

2 comments:

Little Thumb Garden & Kitchen said...

Aha! So you must be in your late 30s then. You and Suzanne had me fooled. Must be how young both your hearts are.

Anonymous said...

Good words.